Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Last Week: FOOD

OK so this post might be a little late. As will the next few to follow. But at least you got them right?!?!


Food.
The thorn in my flesh.
Who would have thought.

I will choose to not get in to my opinions on food right now, and spare you the long, drawn out, misery-filled complaints that I can come up with. Just get the point: a lot of food happens here in Italy.

Worthy week was no different. So here is the blog about the food from week.

Bruna and Stefano were coming over one night, and we needed a dessert to "ospitare" them. A quick one too, since we didn't think about it until the last minute. Too bad they ended up bringing a whole plate load of the best sfogliatelle in the city. I should blog about those soon....

Chocolate chip cookie dough brownie with Caramel topping


Somehow I didn't take pictures of a lot of food in between. Like the zucchini risotto that I made; amazing. Or the new recipe of pigs-in-the-blanket dough that Shannon made. Just pretend you are looking at those pictures right now, and that they look awesome.

NEXT


Saturday night we had a dinner party. I didn't take a picture of the first plate, which was eggplant pasta, because I didn't eat it. :)
But for second plate this is what we had.



Again, that afternoon we decided we needed a dessert for the dinner party. So I went surfing my favorite blogs to find something new to make. I found this


It's an OREO cake. Luckily Shannon had the American ingredients in the pantry that we can't find here. It was rather yum. Except, I'm pretty sure that there are a whole week's worth of calories in one bite of this cake. Whoops.

I saved these two pictures for last. Because they lead to other blogs, of course.

Pizza Surprise birthday cake

No comments:

Post a Comment