Monday, January 3, 2011

2010 Reading List

This morning, a friend of mine blogged their 2010 Reading List. I was inspire to do the same. Mainly because I have despised reading for most of my life. Just within the last year I have begun to like reading. So it's an accomplishment in itself that I have decided to like reading. And it is a great accomplishment that I have read as much as I have. Therefore, I my blogging my 2010 Reading List.

We Would See Jesus ~ Roy and Revel Hession

Fireproof Your Life ~ Michael Catt

Being an Aroma of Christ ~ Karen Pearce

Lifestyle of Discipleship ~ Jim Peterson

Radical ~ David Platt

Spiritual Warfare ~ Jerry Rankin

Questioning Evangelism ~ Randy Newman

The Supremacy of Christ in a Postmodern World ~ John Piper/Justin Taylor

Ask Me Anything ~ J. Budziszewski


A Christmas Carol ~ Charles Dickens

The Chronicles of Narnia ~ C.S. Lewis

The Shack ~ William P. Young

Twilight ~ Stephanie Meyer

New Moon ~ Stephanie Meyer

Eclipse ~ Stephanie Meyer

Breaking Dawn ~ Stephanie Meyer

Jane Eyre ~ Charlotte Bronte

Emma ~ Jane Austen

The Great Gatsby ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

The Picture of Dorian Gray ~ Oscar Wilde

Persuasion ~ Jane Austen

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn ~ Mark Twain

Wuthering Heights ~ Emily Bronte

The Scarlet Letter ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne

The Jungle Books ~ Rudyard Kipling

Around the World in Eighty Days ~ Jules Verne

Gulliver’s Travels ~ Jonathan Swift

Through the Looking Glass ~ Lewis Carroll

Romeo and Juliet ~ William Shakespeare


These next books were all seminary reading. But nonetheless, I read all 5000 pages of them and therefore will include them in the list.


Baptist Faith and Message 2000: Critical Issues in America’s Largest Protestant Denomination ~ Ed. by Douglas K. Blount and Joseph D. Wooddell

Helping Hurting People ~ Asa R. Sphar and Argile Smith

The Baptist Heritage: Four Centuries of Baptist Witness ~ H. Leon McBeth

Christian Counseling ~ Gary R. Collins




There you have it. My reading accomplishments.

2011 looks promising too.


1 comment:

  1. Twilight? oh no coco. ;) Add Irresistible Revolution by Claiborn to your 2011 list. And let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete