Friday, July 2, 2010

i don't like sand, but this place is real pretty


So I dislike (I choose this word over "hate" because I just taught Alessia how to say it, not good) sand very much. In fact, I dislike it very, very, very much. It bothers me. I never went to the beach growing up, and maybe the second time I ever went to the beach, I stayed for a whole summer. Sand is one of my enemies. But, Italians like the beach. And since I need to be Italian, I decided I needed to take some sun at the beach and change my skin color a little.

I took a beach day on Monday. I took the train out to Sorrento and just had a day to myself on the beach. It was relaxing. I read a book and changed colors a little. Yes, the sand bothered me.

Then on Tuesday night, a friend asked to go to the beach on Wednesday. So I headed out to visit my sand enemy yet again. I changed colors again, and this time I took a few pictures. The beach here is not the big, white Florida beaches. Instead they look like this...



The best part is getting in the water and looking up at the surroundings. It's pretty sweet. I normally don't feel like I live in the Italy that America thinks of, just because Naples is Naples. But when I go out to the little surround cities and the Almafi Coast, I remember I live in Italy.


We walked up and around the town after our morning on the beach and this is the view down to the beach...



Marta and I decided maybe we could live there...


I guess my new skin color makes up for my dislike of the SABBIA(sand)!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment