Thursday, November 25, 2010

A long, wet Wednesday

Question, if it's cold and rainy and you have to spend the day at the Immigration Office, what shoes do you wear?



Wednesday was Grace and I's appointment to go renew our permesso di soggiorno cards (like our green cards). So we set out on our journey, expecting to stay a long day at the Immigration Office. Of course we have already entered the rainy season, so it was rainy and cold. Just my kind of day...
We got there and took our numbers and headed down the street to the bar to wait it out. A few hours later we went to check what number they were on. They have only moved about 20 numbers in 2 hours. Not looking good for us. We ended up staying all day, had a nice cheap lunch, and in the end they accepted Grace's paperwork and not mine. I might mention that we turned in the same paperwork. Welcome to Naples! I'm going back on Friday.

We left the Immigration Office to head home to prepare for GBU that night. It poured for 3 minutes and we got soaked. I just love rain...NOT.
Anyhow, in the warmth of our apartment I made this...


Ok so maybe it was boxed pumpkin bread, but all the matters is it tasted good and the apartment smelled delicious and the Italians loved it.

For GBU we had a cineforum. We watched this movie


Anybody know the cast well enough to know what movie it is?
Just to let you know though, they didn't even start the movie until 10pm. The joy of living in a "latin" based culture. Everything is late.


When it's cold and rainy and you have a ton of people over to your house and no coat rack, this is what happens to your bed....



Tons and tons of coats.


Even though at one point in the day we were unhappy. In the end it was a good day.





p.s. Answer : I wore the Superga's

1 comment:

  1. ounds like a good day all in all. Sorry to here about your permesso. I love hearing about the randomness of Naples government. I'm still seeing pictures on the news of your street covered in garbage. I guess it's easier to take hearing and not experiencing. Anyway hpoe it goes better Friday! Glad the evening went wellm and I hope your bed got dried out.

    Grace's Dad

    ReplyDelete