Monday, October 18, 2010

Italian Birthday Party with Mexican Food

One quarter of a century. That is how old I am now. Wow, I'm old. (If you are over 25 please disregard that statement) What better way to spend your quarter of a century birthday than in a foreign country. Well, at least that is how I spent mine.
At the last minute Shannon decided we would throw me a birthday dinner at her house. So I, at the last minute, invited some Italian friends for dinner.
We spent the whole day cooking, and it looked like this...


Though we are in fact in Italy, we opted to make Mexican food for dinner. Of course. I mean, we are American. So I got out my rolling pin and rolled out 80 tortillas or so.


An enjoyable way to spend the day, in the kitchen with Shannon. Oh the memories we shall have in 20 years from spending whole days in the kitchen.

And maybe right now you might be wondering why I was cooking for my birthday dinner. Well it's mainly because Shannon tortures me. Okay okay, just kidding. The kitchen is fun place to be, I was not pressured in any way. I promise. :)

At least she didn't make me make my own birthday cake. That would have been a little rude. Fear not, Shannon made my yummy carrot birthday cake all on her own. Brava!



We actually finished all of the food and preparation ahead of time. So then there was nothing to do but sit around and wait.


and wait...


and wait...


Eventually, everyone showed up.



Even Elmo joined the party.



It was an enjoyable, though late, night. I guess no matter how American you try to make things, it just doesn't work if you're not in America. So run on Italian time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm over 25 but not offended at all!

    Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Courtney
    Happy Birthday! My name is Haley and I live in Colorado. I hope you have a good time in Italy and I hope you will have a good family. Thank you for telling people about Jesus. I had to pick a missionary to pray for in my Sparks group and I picked you! My family will be praying for you and your team.
    God Bless You

    ReplyDelete